Owner Information

How Do I Notify Cimarex Of A Change Of Address?

Requests for a change of address and W-9 Form must be done in writing with your signature or the signature of your authorized agent. Please be sure to include your name, owner number, tax identification number, and new address. A new W-9 Form will also need to be filled out. For your convenience, please complete the provided Change of Address Form and the W-9 Form and either fax or mail both forms to our office. Changes are made within 24 hours of receiving your written request.

Please return completed forms to:

Cimarex Energy Co.
1700 Lincoln Street, Suite 3700
Denver, CO 80203

Fax:(303) 569-7404
Attn: Name & Address Clerk

back to top

How Do I Contact Cimarex?

See our Contact Information page for details. You are welcome to email us at any time, or call us and leave a voicemail. Our goal is to return all calls and emails within 24 hours. Occasionally it takes a little longer to conduct research in order to answer your questions, but every effort is made to respond to all inquiries as quickly as possible.

back to top

How Do I Get A Copy Of My Revenue Check Detail Or Joint Interest Billing Statement?

Cimarex offers an online system that allows you to see your revenue payment detail, joint interest billing statements, and other useful information. Just click on Access My Account to log in and view and/or print your information.

back to top

Can I Set Up Direct Deposit?

Cimarex offers electronic funds transfer (EFT) to its revenue interest owners at no additional cost. EFT payments are only available for accounts drawn within the United States. Please complete the attached enrollment form and return it with a voided check to the address provided. Processing typically takes up to 60 days. If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please contact our Revenue Department at 918.295.1757 or email them here.

back to top

When Should I Receive My Check?

Revenue checks are mailed by the 15th of each month, or the following business day if the 15th falls on a weekend. If you have not received your check by the end of the month, please call 918.295.1757 to notify us and your check will be reissued along with the next month’s payment.

back to top

Why Have I Not Received My Check?

Typically, this is because your account has not reached your minimum pay status. Cimarex remits revenue checks to you once your balance exceeds $100, unless you have previously requested that your minimum pay status change to another amount. All revenue, regardless of the nominal value, is disbursed bi-annually in July and December. Adjustments to earlier payments can sometimes result in a negative account balance. When this occurs, payments for future sales will be applied to the negative balance until the account returns to a positive balance in excess of the minimum payment amount.

There are occasions when payments are held due to uncertainty of ownership (such as a notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest, or legal dispute). Payments due are accumulated and released when the matter affecting ownership has been resolved. Inquiries regarding suspense balances must be communicated in writing to our Division Orders Department.

back to top

When Are The Form 1099 Miscellaneous Income Statements Mailed?

These are mailed by January 31st of each year. A copy of these statements may be obtained by contacting us at (303) 285-4943.

back to top

How Do I Notify Cimarex Of A Change In Ownership?

Mail a copy of the recorded conveyance, estate proceedings, marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other ownership change documentation to our Division Orders Department in our Tulsa office. Include your owner number, social security number, name, address, and telephone number with your notification.

back to top